Dolce & Gabbana's latest fragrance film for its Dolce Rosa Excelsa perfume…
By Deborah Fulsang
On this Christmas morning as I snuggle on the sofa with a flute of bubbly and watch my bambinos pour out their stockings and delight over their gifts, I would like to give thanks for all the wonderful scents of Christmas. May you also share in these 25 delightful fragrance-and-foodie-minded treats of the holidays.
- The zesty, spicy evergreen smell of a Christmas Tree.
- The aromas of turkey roasting in the oven.
- Gravy. For the carnivores out there, it doesn’t get much better than a gloriously rich gravy, boasting nuances of garlic, onion, roasted vegetables.
- Eggnog spiked with rum and nutmeg.
- Cinnamon in roasted squash and apple pie.
- Stuffing, steaming with notes of baked bread, apple and herbs.
- Cranberry sauce, simmering on the stovetop with brandy and cloves.
- The smell of good perfume on a woman’s fine leather gloves.
- Peppermint candy canes.
- Nuts: salted buttery cashews, peanuts, hazelnuts and macadamias.
- The heady sweetness of liqueur: Frangelico and Nutcello, Kahlua and Amaretto.
- Old Spice cologne—or feel free to substitute your chosen classic scent here—on a navy-blue men’s sweater worn by the favourite father figure in your life.
- Vanilla in all of those cookies and squares that come but once a year.
- Ginger, whether in a Starbucks Gingerbread Latte or in a gingerbread house.
- Fruitcake. The dark kind that has been steeped in brandy for months.
- Lip Smackers, in all their wonderful kid-centric colours, from Pink Lemonade to Dr. Pepper.
- A lingering, full-course, bacon-and-eggs-and-fresh-bread-filled breakfast complete with stellar dark-roast, just-brewed coffee.
- Clementines and oranges studded with cloves.
- The sleepy warm skin of just-woken-up kids in flannel PJs on Christmas morning.
- Your breath on a cold, crisp and clear snow-dusted Christmas morning.
- Buttery shortbread.
- Bubbles of dry, fruity champagne hitting your nose.
- The smell of a room full of your friends and family (inherited or chosen), their signature perfumes and colognes mixing and melding together.